Sunday, February 14, 2010

Making Changes

Well, I am pretty sure no one reads this blog which leads me to believe it is the perfect place to share about something I am trying to do...drop weight and exercise more. My weight has been an issue for me my whole life, and so nothing has changed there. However, I have never really tried the healthy way to go about changing it. Until now.

So, I plan on doing some sort of exercise every day for at least 30 minutes, and to talk about that and the things I eat, how it affects me, my mood, etc. And I plan on doing this over the next 90 days. There has to be a deadline for this to work. And it cannot be too far in the future or it will be too overwhelming.

And today starts day one. I began my day with a journal session. I have been keeping a journal since I was 12 and so I try to start my day by getting out of my head what ever I have in it when I wake up. Today it was mostly about feeling blessed and remembering that we need to live each moment as if it were the last because we never know if the next minute will come for sure. Anyway, after my journal session was over, I got up, got ready to go, and went for a walk with the dog. She was very excited because she hasn't gotten out in a while and once the door was open, she was dragging me behind. Until she came to that first bush. She just had to stop there, and I was not paying attention so I tried to keep walking. Silly me!

We walked all the way down to a busy street, only, the street was pretty much empty when we got there. That seemed strange because this particular street is never empty. But then I remembered it was Sunday, and it was early, so people were probably just getting started for the day. The weather was beautiful, and the walk was great. I heard all kinds of birds chirping and it just seemed like such a great day, you know? I found myself wondering why I didn't walk more often. So, I decided I will.

So, on to the food portion of my post. I had oatmeal for breakfast which was actually pretty good. And for a snack later I had some string cheese. That was good too and seemed to hit the spot. Later I went to lunch with a friend and had an awesome salad with shredded chicken, rice, black beans, etc. The salad hit the spot too as did the girl talk. Overall, a wonderful day with exercise and good eats. Hopefully I can follow up with a great Monday of the same kind of thing. We shall see. I still have dinner to go and have no idea what we will have, but I'm not worried. I can whip up something good no problem.

Lesson for today: Keep the dog away from the bushes if I want to walk without stopping next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment