Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Don't Really Have Time...

So today I once again put off my exercise until, well, ten minutes ago. I was just way too busy! Ha! Like I haven't used that one before. But I really believed it today. I got up later than I planned, I started the day with email which is a HUGE mistake because I always end up getting sucked in like it's a black hole and I end up lost in email world until I suddenly look up and realize it's noon and not only have I missed breakfast, I am about to miss lunch as well! Of course, today I was able to make my way to reality around 11pm and still have some breakfast. But again, I was just so busy, and so I put off exercise until later.

What? What was for breakfast? Oh, well, I had three small sausage, a scrambled egg and a piece of toast. Not bad, but not great. Better than chocolate chip pancakes or waffles right? Maybe. It sure did not make me sleepy. And when I did have lunch I had a cheese stick and corn chips with sour cream. Yep, I said it. I'm not doing this so I can lie to my non existent readers about what I do. I am being honest. That was my lunch and I admit it. Total crap right? Yep. It happened right after the phone call I received from my mother. Stress for sure.

So, back to the exercise. I took a long but brisk walk with my hubby to take back movies. He wanted to drive, and so did I, but when I mentioned we should walk, he said okay. Not what I expected, but I'm glad he agreed because it allowed me the ability to write about actually making sure I got the exercise rather then making up a stupid excuse as to why I didn't do it when in reality it would have been due to procrastination and laziness. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Lesson learned today: Working out at the start of a day keeps you from procrastinating until you have no choice other than to do it when you are tired and unmotivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment