Thursday, November 11, 2010

Moving Forward!

The biggest obstacle some people struggle with in life is fear. Fear of failure, fear of death, fear of bugs, fear of people, fear of rejection, fear of success. Success? Yes, I said fear of success. Success can be scary! If you want to do something big, (like start a non-profit??) and you succeed, life can get complicated and full of responsibility. For some this reality can cause one to stop right were he or she is on the journey and keep progress from happening. and we all know progress leads to success, well, sometimes.

But progress does not just happen. One must get up and make things happen.

This is what I have been dealing with in my life in regard to my non-profit. The entire process had been kind of scary. But not as scary as it is about to get. We have kicked off a building campaign to raise money for a rental facility and therefore things are about to get wild and crazy and, well, scary!! Why? Because we just might succeed, and if that happens, life will get busy and there will be much more responsibility to deal with and some of it may be complicated. Could we fail? Of course that could happen! And failure is scary!!

And I could just let fear take control and I could sit around and wait for things to happen. It is so much safer after all. But instead I have decided to stand up, take a deep breath, and move. I have made a conscious decision to ignore the fear and focus instead on the destination I am trying to get to. Because in the end, I would rather say I moved forward and gave it everything I had instead of one day waking up and wondering what could have been had I just gotten up and moved forward.

I will continue to share my journey, and I will continue to stay focused on the destination while trying my best to enjoy the ride. I hope you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment